Sunday, May 19, 2013

Crisis near Kisumu

Hello dear friends,

It has been a long time since I've written about Kenya so I hope you will be touched by these photos and brief report.


It has been raining a lot in Kenya and for a rather long time. Different issues have arisen here and there in the country, primarily flooding and destruction. My friend, Jonah has been in Kisumu, north west of where he lives. There is has been volunteering to try and help some of the flood victims. (Click on photos to enlarge).

(All photos belong to the Kenya Missions of Hope)











The workers had to use  boats to reach out to the people in the far flung islands created by the floods.


Please pray for the rains to stop in Kenya.




The people are praying for help and for the rains to stop.

If you would like to make a contribution to help them, you can send donation of your choice to kerichojoy[at]gmail[dot]com

If you would pray for the people that would be so encouraging also. Thank you so much. Click on the link to join others for Our World Tuesday.

 

19 comments:

Terra said...

Wow, those rains are creating powerful rivers causing destruction as they rage beyond their banks. I prayed for the rains to stop and for the people affected and the helpers.

G.N.SHAW said...

very worrisome scene .Let GOD stop rain .

Denise said...

Praying.

Unknown said...

Floods in some areas, and drought in others. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

sunshine said...

I know this area as very green but water can be destructive and to the North in Ethiopia is a lack of water.

eileeninmd said...

The weather has been weird, with droughts, floods and these horrible tornadoes. I do send my prayers for the victims of these floods and I hope the rain stops.

Fun60 said...

I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose your home and any means of supporting yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how terrible. I hope the rains stop.

Indrani said...

What a different world!
Hope they remain safe and the rain stops.

NatureFootstep said...

o, Kenya is not a country you would think suffer from flooding. :(
I doubt that prairs will help.

Joyful said...

I believe very much in prayers. Thanks for your visit.

Jan said...

I am hoping very hard for the rains and flooding to stop Penny. x

Cindy said...

Oh my, God hear the peoples prayers! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I pray for the rains to stop in their world,how sad,thank-you for giving us to pause & to thank God for what we have here.phyllis

Vores have said...

Hello Joyful
Congratulations on your new "blog design" - just great.
Great pictures you show. Wish you a good Wednesday :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Farida said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the mishap in Kenya. They are blessed in a way because you sure have a huge heart for them. Enjoy the rest of the week, Ms Joyful :)

Icy BC said...

It's quite strange on how some parts of the world are praying for rain, and some parts pray for the rain to stop..We need balance, some how :-)

I do hope this phrase will pass for them..

Rosemary said...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would never have thought they would pray for the rains to stop in Africa, I hear so often of drought. Always good to learn the truth.

Pat said...

Oh my goodness, what a disaster. I pray the rains will stop and people will be able to clean up their property.

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...