Thursday, July 12, 2012

Please Say a Prayer & Lend a Hand

My uncle had surgery several days ago to remove cancer from his colon. Everything went very well and he was recovering nicely. But after I returned home tonight I had a call from my mom and she says things have taken a turn for the worse. It sounds like my uncle had a fall and his newly sewn intestine is ruptured. He had to have emergency surgery and they are operating again tomorrow (Friday). I am not sure all the details or what exactly happened as mom got the information 2nd or 3rd hand. I prayed with mom for her brother and we are waiting to hear more in coming day or two. We prayed not only for my uncle but for the entire team of people caring for him and for the family.

Yesterday I asked for prayer for little Linet in Nakuru, Kenya. Please know her family is very poor and though we have tried to help her mother start a business it is not enough to meet the special food and health needs of her little girl. The little girl needs cleft palate surgery and had to be taken to hospital for surgery due to some complication. We need your prayer and financial support for this family. If you are considering, please don't delay as the help is needed now.


Thank you for your consideration.


UPDATE JULY 16, 2012

After doing well initially, my uncle had a setback. It seems that putting the intestines back together did not work. Since his first surgery my uncle had to have emergency surgery on Thursday. Then on Sunday he was operated on again and given a colostomy bag but he did not regain consciousness. He passed into glory today at 5:35 p.m. PST. His mortal body will be laid to rest sometime this weekend. His immortal body has been welcomed into Heaven.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Will be in much prayer for your dear uncle, and my prayers continue for precious Linet.

Joyful said...

Thank you, Denise. God bless you <3

Jan said...

Penny, I will keep your Uncle in my thoughts today and you and your family, all involved. Also Linet. xxx

Joyful said...

Thank you, Jan. I appreciate it.

Brenda Green said...

Oh, my friend,
what news about your Uncle and the little girl!
God, HELP!!!!!

Joyful said...

Thank you, Brenda. xx

Pamela said...

Praying for both your husband and little Linet. And that her mother's business will flourish. Bless you for helping to make a difference in the lives of God's people.

Joyful said...

Thank you for your visit and your prayers, Pamela. It isn't my husband though. It is my uncle. Now he has passed over to Heaven so please pray for his family. God bless.

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...