Saturday, August 6, 2016

News

I awoke to news today that was upsetting. The young orphaned boy I wrote about here and here has passed due to complications of cancer. He was barely 20 years old.

" Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
James 4:14
I want to thank those of you who gave to help his medical bills and to those that have been praying for him.



The comfort is that he will never suffer again and as a Christian he is with his Heavenly Father.

 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” 
John 14:1-4


I was feeling rather emotional today upon hearing the sad news. Mostly because this boy is an orphan.  He's had a hard life so far and had to fight this terrible cancer. No doubt he went through periods of not really understanding what was happening to him especially during the chemotherapy sessions which weakened him a lot.  I am also grieving for the fact that he will never have an opportunity to reach his potential here on earth though in Kenya that is a very hard thing to do when you live in poverty.  Right now I am glad that this young man will never pain and poverty again.



In addition to the comfort of the biblical promises, I often find comfort in God's creation and from seeing nature close up.  Today it was in my garden.

I could hear the birds singing so beautifully.  Their warbling drew me outside.

I wasn't able to capture the birds in photo.  They are very well camouflaged in the trees and they fly away so quickly.  But I was delighted to find bees enjoying the flowers in the garden.




Beyond the enjoying the birds and the bees in the garden, I enjoyed the beautiful colours of nature.



I like the flowers and plants reflected in the bird bath.


This photo was taken a few months ago at Westham Island.

Joining up with Eileen at Saturday's Critters
and
Weekend Reflections.
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are.

13 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Such beautiful flowers. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of the young man....so very sad at such a young age. :(

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am so sorry to hear of this young man's passing. May God give comfort to his loved ones and friends during this time of sorrow. There is so much we do not fully understand about why some are called home so young when it would appear they had their whole lives ahead of them. But God's ways are not our ways, and He sees what we cannot see. I have a young son in heaven. He passed away after a 4 yr. battle with cancer at the age of 41. He left behind a wife and son and his parents and brothers, etc. After two years, I still cannot fully grasp that he is gone from here forever, but the wonderful hope we have is that he is in heaven for eternity, and we WiLL see him again someday. I know he's no longer suffering and that God has special plans for his life there, beyond anything we can imagine. This is the hope we have in Christ Jesus. Thank you for sharing...love the pictures of the flowers, etc. I find great comfort in God's creation as well.

Mari said...

I'm sorry to hear that. He had such a short life and a hard one too. Thanks for letting us know.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful flowers and great captures of the insects. The view of the wetlands is pretty. I am so sorry to hear the young man died, cancer is an awful disease. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Melanie said...

Such sad news. I'm so sorry. It is so sad what some people have to endure. The flowers are so pretty. It reminds me of the life that we can look forward to after this one has passed. Have a blessed day.

Joanne Noragon said...

Honey bees and bumble bees. Lovely. My heart is sad for everyone who helped this young man. What was his name?

Nancy Chan said...

So sorry to hear of the young man passing. Cancer is a dreadful disease. The flowers and critters bring comfort to a sadden heart. Have a lovely Sunday!

Debbie said...

heartbreaking news of such a young boy. too young to be suffering like that and tragic to know of his passing!!! no wonder you are feeling sad!!

your blooms are beautiful as are the company they keep!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Sad news but your macro photography of nature's beautiful flowers are amazing!

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

ak_ut said...

sad news... beautiful flowers and bees might brighten up your day and week
xx

Breathtaking said...

Good morning!:) I didn't know about this young orphan, but am saddened by his demise. I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing all these beautiful flowers.

Rajesh said...

Very pretty flowers.

Jeanie said...

Penny, I am deeply sorry to hear of the death of your Kenyan friend. Indeed, a friend, when one cares so much. But yes, seeing that he will not have to grow up in the poverty and challenges of Kenya is a positive way of looking at the grace of death - which can be so very, very difficult. My heart goes out to you. The flowers you share are such a metaphor for spirit, I think. Blooming in adversity, returning and spreading beauty. Yes, a garden does bring one closer to God, I think. I am glad you have a beautiful haven so very close as your own yard.

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...