Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update on Mom on Skywatch Friday ~ February 11, 2011

I would like to welcome my newest follower, Angela, who hails all the way from Kenya. Angela I do hope you will enjoy my posts about your beautiful country and also come to know a bit about mine as you read my blog. Karibu.

Sky photo taken in Kamloops, BC (from my archives).

Today I have a short post. I've learned late Thursday that after only one week in the nursing home, mom had to head for hospital emergency again.  The chronic cellulitis in her legs has flared up again. This time in the right leg. The doctor at the nursing home examined her and suggested she go into hospital. 


I find this development upsetting since I've only recently returned to my home (out of town) from moving her and clearing out her apartment. I'm sure mom finds it even more upsetting but we didn't have much time to talk about what she is going through.  I don't have more information about her condition.  I would simply like to ask you to pray for my mom and for me. 

Thank you so much! 

Update (Friday afternoon):  I talked to the attending nurse. She said mom has had an ultrasound and though the nurse hasn't read the official report yet, she thinks there are no blood clots. Thank God as mom's leg colour has been so dark and unusual. Mom is being given a course of intravenous antibiotics 4x daily.  I'm told she should be back to the nursing home in a few days. If so, that will be her shortest hospital stay yet and that is good news indeed. Then she can finally settle into her new home.


For more Skywatch Friday click here.

17 comments:

Colleen said...

Praying for your mother today. God bless.

Joyful said...

Thank you Colleen. It gives me a great deal of comfort to know that others pray for our needs. Blessings xx

Anonymous said...

I just came to thankyou for your sweet comment on my blog last night (managed to sleep a little, feeling marginally less crazy-person ;)
- and then I saw your entry. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom! I am praying for you both, I hope she (and you!) are feeling better soon. Hugs xx

Joyful said...

Thank you Rachel. I know you must be going through a lot of physical pain. Physical pain is what my mom goes through a lot and so your prayers for her and I are much valued. Blessings and hugs back xx

Joyful said...

Chubskulit, thanks!

Regina said...

Well that is certainly the most beautiful sky photo ever!!
What disappointing news about your mom though..but I suppose it isn't surprising either..they get so frail and weak. So sorry- you'll be in my thoughts. Wishing you a peaceful weekend~

Joyful said...

Thank you Regina for the photo compliment. It is quite beautiful in Kamloops at times :-) Mom is getting the care she needs at the hospital. I'm guessing the doctor at the nursing home wanted to be sure that mom's leg doesn't have an ulcer. They don't have the capacity to determine that at the nursing home. She should be back to her new home in a few days.

Pamela said...

Praying for your mother's healing and your peace.

Joyful said...

Thank you Pamela. That is what I need ~ peace. Blessings.

The Professor's Wife said...

Joyful I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I will be praying for healing for your mom, and strength and peace for you.

Joyful said...

Thank you so much to you for your prayers, the Professor's Wife.

Katy ~ said...

I have been thinking and praying for you and your mom, and am glad to see a post here about her. I shall keep you both in prayer. Hugs and blessings to you both!

Joyful said...

Thank you Katy. Your thoughts and prayers mean more than you know. Hugs xx

Joyful said...

I have been thinking and praying for you and your mom, and am glad to see a post here about her. I shall keep you both in prayer. Hugs and blessings to you both!

Joyful said...

Thank you Pamela. That is what I need ~ peace. Blessings.

Joyful said...

Praying for your mother's healing and your peace.

Joyful said...

Gorgeous shot!

Hope you can come and take a look at my Skywatch post. Have a great weekend.

City Gardens, Weather & Cooking

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers, Time passed too quickly this month and before you know it May will be here.  With it's return th...