Thursday, July 23, 2009

Celebration of Lights

Every year Vancouver has a competition between 4 countries that compete for the best fireworks display. The celebration began last night at 10:00 p.m. with Canada first up. These are the photos I managed to take with my slow camera.

Unfortunately, the big high rise is standing in the way of a brilliant view but I still managed to enjoy the show. My camera unfortunately did not shoot fast enough to capture the best shots though I tried hard to do so. I was shooting off my hotel balcony.

The competition is on for a week. If I can brave the crowds I may head down to the beach one night but I am not sure I am that brave.

Look how many people came rushing back to town after the show!


Watch this short video and you will get a better idea just how large this crowd was. The video doesn't show as well against the black background but I think you can still get the idea. You can hear the helicopters whirring in the background.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your view of the fireworks behind that building. And I was happy to hear a little bit of your voice, what a beautiful accent!

Joyful said...

*Blush* I totally forgot I had my voice on there, he he. Thanks for your sweet comment =]

Joyful said...

*Blush* I totally forgot I had my voice on there, he he. Thanks for your sweet comment =]

Beautiful April Sky

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, It's a beautiful April day in Vancouver and I'm enjoying the sun.  You can see people on the stre...