Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. 
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. 

~ Calvin Coolidge


After dinner I enjoyed a short walk in the snow.

It's late and I'm labelling Christmas gifts for my mom before I wrap them. I am also preparing a few other gifts for family and family friends.

I am attending a Christmas party tomorrow and after that I'll finish decorating my small tree as well as put up the other decorations. I'm a bit late this year.

Oh my!  I still have to finish crafting 3 gifts.
Oh well, there is always next week, lol.

I can't believe I started these gifts long ago and still haven't finished them but life keeps cropping up :-).

 

Where does the time go?!
Best to breathe and savour the days as they pass.





Linking up with Our World Tuesday

Thank you to Lady Fi for hosting!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty sight!

Hannapat said...

Wow, it looks beautiful. I wish it was snowing here, in fact it is really mild for this time of the year and we were forecasted to have a really cold winter with heaps of snow by now. Enjoy the snow xoxo

Mascha said...

Oh yes, time flies ... and that is a beautiful photo above.
And you made nice crafts.
By the way: we decorate in Germany the tree on Christmas Eve early in the morning. This is our custom ...
Have a good and productive time :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

What sweet little medallions. What a great little gift idea.

Ceil said...

Hi Joyful! I love that first image with the snow falling in it. So cool! I think that we are all a little stressed these days, you are not alone, that's for sure. You should see my house...well, maybe not, it's a wreck!

Thank you for showing us your craft project, made with love. I know you'll get it all done. Step by step, right?
Blessings on this Tuesday,
Ceil

Diane said...

So right, where does the time go. The older you get the faster it seems to disappear!! Have a great week Diane

Mereknits said...

I love your photo of the snow falling, very fun. Good luck with all of your projects.
Meredith

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Hi Joyful, I hope you get to finish all your gifts in time. I like those crochet medallions and your snow picture it's so cool!

Pigtails said...

What a beautiful blog and heart you have! A Canadian friend of mine is currently working in Ethiopia (she is a Medical Doctor) and another Dutch friend is sponsoring children in Tanzania. It is fantastic to give back and bless others!

Unknown said...

Hi, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I love your winter photo of the snow falling. How did you do that? and yes time sure does past by quickly... good day.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Its a busy time for sure Joy, in fact I'm starting to panic a little :) enjoying the snow in your first image, it's very hot here, looking at the snow falling has a cooling effect!

clairz said...

I love what you've done with that photo of the snowy street!
Yes, I was just noticing that December seems to have accelerated. Too bad, because I love each day of the holidays. Holy Days.

Happy a beautiful Christmas!

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...