Thursday, May 16, 2013

Skywatch Friday - May 17, 2013

Hello friends,

I am on the mend and have a follow up visit with the doctor next week to make sure all is well. In the meantime, I've been very busy going for walks every day and running some errands.

The weather here has been very unsettled since about Saturday when it was pouring rain. Since then we have had pleasant days though not usually too hot or sunny. On Monday it was time to vote for our provincial government representatives.

This was the best day weather-wise all week.

I have no idea what kind of trees these are but I love the red blooms on them. As you can see, the sky was  very clear and the day was sunny and warm.  After voting, I went out for a nice Thai meal of green curry chicken.
 
See all the clouds in the sky on Tuesday. I had gone out for a late walk and no sooner made it to this park when it started to rain. Sadly there was no shelter there from the rain and I had to move on. It didn't rain as badly as the sky portends.


In other news, my small patio garden has been tilled and fertilizer and top soil added several times. This weekend, some plants will finally go into the soil.  I also have to do the container garden and purchased these starter plants.

I love geraniums for container gardening.

Happy Skywatch Friday and may you all have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

HansHB said...

Nice serie of photos!
Well done!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely set of photos ~ varied skies of nature's palette! Wonderful! ^_^

eileeninmd said...

Love the first shot with the pretty blooming tree. I love almost any flower, spring is so colorful. Have a great weekend!

Kami Gimenez said...

I have never had Thai food or Green Curry, but I did just see green curry in the store here. Have you ever made Thai food yourself?
Your weather looks beautiful!
Take Care,
Kami

Steffi said...

Very beautiful photos for SWF,thank you for sharing!Enjoy your weekend!

Joyful said...

Hi Kami, I've never made Thai food myself as it is a food I've only recently started eating on a regular basis. I do make a curry dish more East Indian style. Thanks for dropping by!!

Vores have said...

Hello Joyful
Great to hear that you are feeling better.
Beautiful picture you show. Wish you a good day / good weekend :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Unknown said...

the flowering trees are gorgeous! what a delightful sight!

Rosemary said...

Best to get outside while we can, you never know when the weather will change :) At least it's not winter, right?

Jo said...

Hello dear Penny, I didn't know you were ill. Sorry to hear that but I'm pleased you're feeling better. Your photos of the blooms and the "framed" image is especially good. Take care of yourself. Blessings and Hugs Jo

Carver said...

Lovely shot. Great time of the year for nature.

Jan said...

Good to hear you are feeling better, gardening and walking in the rain will help. Keep getting better. xx

Farida said...

Hi Ms Joyful, I hope the next visit to the doctor will be a breeze as he tells you how healthy you are this time. Praying that you continue to have good health despite the changing weather. :)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Our weather was unpredictable also and was cold enough to wear a coat again. The sun comes on and off..

The first shot is really pretty!

George said...

I'm glad you didn't get too wet on your Tuesday walk. Your sky photos are wonderful. I hope your garden does well.

Cindy said...

I'm glad to hear that you did vote, I hear that Christy Clark is now in, hopefully she will run the government of BC well, it's always hard to know for sure, though, isn't it.
I'm so glad it's not me there in Vancouver area with all of the rain, we had some sprinkles yesterday, and I'm hoping for a sunny day today.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyful,
I really enjoyed your pictures...Love the trees. My husband thinks those are some form of a large crab tree~ We had some trees something like there in the country in Ohio where we use to live.

I hope you are feeling better. Glad you can take walks. I love clouds too!

Joyful said...

Hi Cathy, thanks for the information from your husband. I think it might just be a Crab Tree!

Denise said...

Nice pictures. Praying for you.

betty-NZ said...

Some lovely pictures you show us. It's always good to see blue sky after a rain.

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...