Thursday, October 18, 2018

Fall Colour & Sunshine

I went to City Hall to try and vote in the advance poll for a new Mayor and city Councillors. The line up was so long and I had many other errands to run so I decided to wait until Saturday which is when the regular poll will be open.

City Hall (front)


Back (northern view) from City Hall. Downtown is in the distance.


We've been having fabulous Fall weather this past week or so and the fall foliage is still on the trees but just barely in some cases. These photos were taken on my walk to City Hall.








The next several photos were taken on the weekend. Look at the tree on the left side of the photo below. It's completely  missing half it's leaves.





The large building complex in the photo below is nearing completion. You might recognize the tower from many of my earlier posts. I've been watching it go up for what seems like years though I think the construction started in earnest  last October.


I've heard that the tower is ready for move in though I'm not sure when the move in date is. The condominiums were sold out several years ago.


There will be a grocery market on the ground level. (The tower peeking out in the back is the one I've featured numerous times in my blog posts).  This is a higher end market called Nester's. There is already a branch of this grocery market a short 10 minute bus ride away to the south but this store will make grocery shopping extremely convenient for the resident owners. In fact there there is another food store just behind the building across the street.


I spotted this cute puppy at the park. He really didn't want to walk and laid down on the grass to protest. Eventually he followed his master and they went ahead in the general direction that I travelled.


Time has been flying buy as always. I'm still not quite 100% healthy though I'm learning I always feel sub par during the Fall months. It is my favourite season but I always seem to be sick for much of it with low grade fever, headache and fatigue. At least I can still enjoy the seasonal colour and I still try to keep up with a schedule as bet I can.
 The weather is supposed to remain good for a few days.  If I have time I will take a walk around a lagoon in the park downtown soon.  We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I'm making good progress on an afghan I've decided to make for a friend's Christmas gift.  She doesn't read this blog so she won't find out what I'm making.

I have plans Thursday for surprising my brother for his birthday. Not a party as such because he has his own plans but a little something to mark the occasion. On Friday I will go to dinner with a friend and a lady missionary to Taiwan. Saturday is voting day and somewhere in between I have errands and the walk I'd like to take.  I hope to share photos in this space later.

Joining in with




Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!


38 comments:

shayndel said...

Amazing fall photos, beautiful changing colors!! I love how you were able to express the light, noticing the diaganol of light in the picture with the dog and the line of the leash exactly paralleling the light!! Have a happy time with your brother, and a nice surprise birthday! Believing for your good health! Blessings and Love!

Red said...

You show some great fall color.

happyone said...

Fall looking might pretty by you.

carol l mckenna said...

Great autumn photos ~ lovely post and you have more 'foliage' than we do in New England ~ still alot of green!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Mari said...

It's looking very pretty there! Hope your brother enjoys the birthday surprise and that your voting goes well!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You are quite a bit ahead of us in the fall colour department. You have an incredible variety of shots. It has just now got cool here.

I hope that you get feeling better.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I really like the second photo of the skyline against the mountains. Beautiful fall colors, too!

Jim said...

Great Autumn colours.

Toni said...

Wonder photos. I liked them all. The Autumn colors by you are beautiful. I liked the downtown city skyline too. Have a blessed day and weekend ahead.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely autumn colours!

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful shots. Beautiful colours, sunshine and shadows too!

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful autumn colours.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Lovely fall foliage

thomas said...

love the shades of autumn

kwarkito said...

Fall in Vancouver seems quite wonderful. Your picture are really beautiful. Have a nice weekend

Gattina said...

Your fall colors are wonderful ! We are a late this year, it's still warm, I don't complain, because fall is a season I don't like at all because it announces winter !

Annie said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your lovely town with us. Always love visiting

Alana said...

Such beautiful color - we aren't there yet in upstate New York but we had our first frost this morning, so we will be on our way. I love the "golden hour" effect of your northern sun. Again, so beautiful!

2 gators said...

those colors are amazing we have not started turning yet here havent had the first freeze yet thank you for sharing these beauties cant wait to see photos of the afghan you are making have a happy week

doodles n daydreams said...

I love the autumn colours and when the leaves start to fall. One of my favourite seasons as well :)
It's spring at my place and very changeable at the moment.
Diana

diane b said...

Beautiful autumn colours and long shadows. Hope you can keep healthy.

Terriea Kwong said...

Colour is changing beautifully in the fall. Stay well and relax.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the colors and trees around you are beautiful. We are still mostly green here! I love the views of the trees and the city. The dog is cute! I hope you feel better. Happy birthday to your brother. It is great everyone is voting. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and have a great new week. PS, thanks also for leaving a comment on my blog.

Bill said...

Beautiful fall colours!

Aditya Narayan Mohanty said...

Great capture . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

Rhodesia said...

Great set of photos. Our weather has also been mild but it looks due to cool down next week.
Love all these photos, well done. I am trying to catch up bit it is going to take time!!
Enjoy your week Diane

Dianna said...

Hello Penny. I have so enjoyed viewing all of your lovely pictures. The colors in the trees are just beautiful. We haven't had much of that at all in our area...in fact, many of our trees lost their leaves this year without even turning. When we traveled north the last few weeks we did see some beautiful color though. I'm sorry that you've not been doing well. Praying that all goes well for you soon. xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous trees, we are just starting to see some color!!

Debbie Harris said...

Looks very pretty! I always enjoy seeing your photos and the area in which you live in.

Have a beautiful week ♡

Red said...

Great color in your neighborhood.

jabbott said...

Lovely autumana photos. Hoping you are feeling a little better while running errands in this beautiful season. Happy birthday to your brother xx

stardust said...

Local elections are so important as they actually affect our lives. I feel warm sunshine all through the photos. Your colored leaves are ahead of ours and my favorite is the 13th image. The weather in Japan has been sunny and comfortable in October so far but to make the colors of leaves fabulous, more colder mornings are required. The best season is November.

Yoko

Екатерина Балагурова said...

Very beautiful!!

Billie Jo said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful fall colors!
Here in Pennsylvania we still have green leaves! I do not remember a fall like this one.
Have a cozy evening. : )

R's Rue said...

Love.

KB said...

That's a cute puppy for sure :)

Breathing In Grace said...

Sweet Friend, I'm so sorry to be so late to visit. I meant to sit down Sunday evening and comment on everybody's post and....well, what's that about the road to somewhere really bad being paved by good intentions? I think I've paved several hundred miles of that road, unfortunately. Lovely fotos...thank you for being so faithful to link up even when I'm not to visit. Happy Wednesday!

Angie said...

I must say, I am glad so many people are turning out to vote. That is always a good thing!!! We are also enjoying fabulous Fall weather - cool nights and bright, sunny days in the high 50s/low 60s. Any rain that was in the forecast, just keeps moving out in time - happy on the one hand, but I would like a bit of precip for my plants!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

It Was a Spectacular Day! ~ Skywatch

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, It was a spectacular, sunny day where I live. It's still rather chilly from my point of view but the ...