Sunday, August 29, 2021

A Change of Season?


 Hi friends,

There's been a distinct chill at night over the past week  and it also rained for a few days here and there the sun came out but you can still feel the chill in the air. It got me thinking about the fall season.  One of my favourite seasons except for the fact that it is far too short!

On a whim I decided to go to another part of town today (Saturday).  I had to pick up a few specific items plus I made time to browse.  I decided to buy these colourful, artificial flowers and stems and put together this display. I also added some fairy lights amongst the blossoms to give off a hygge-ly glow at night. I think I need another 3 or 4 stems to give it a bit more fullness.

I don't normally enjoy artificial flowers but they are certainly pretty and these days they can look so real.  The one thing I do love about artificial flowers is they don't die. I love flowers and I love colourful flowers so these ones will last me for awhile without needing to worry about finding fresh ones that aren't too dear. In years gone by it was very easy to stop in every other store and buy a bouquet of fresh flowers. One often picked up a bunch to enjoy at home or to take to the host of a dinner party.  It has become harder to do as most of those small stores have disappeared and the cost of a bouquet is now quite high considering the blossoms generally don't last more than a few days. 

Anyway I'm pleased with these blossoms and I will keep my eye out for a few more stems.  I'm especially happy about the small battery powered lights. Having the ambience on a dark night is always so enjoyable.

This little poem captures my feelings about fall.  While summer isn't quite over and we will likely get warmer temperatures again soon, for now it feels like a new season has begun.  How is it where you live?



Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your flowers look so pretty, I like the glow from the fairy lights. I am ready for a chill in the air, it has been so hot here. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Sandi said...

They are beautiful.

affectioknit said...

Hi Penny,
...we're still looking forward to a little bit of chill in the air...haha...highs still in the nineties here...hopefully in September it will begin to cool down...Happy Fall to you!
~Have a lovely day!

Mari said...

Pretty flowers! I've bought some myself and you are right that they look so much more real now.
It's very hot and humid here yet, but the days are getting shorter.
I like the poem.

diane b said...

Beautiful colours and the lights make it lovely. And we are coming into Spring, Hooray for warmer weather and beautiful gardens.

Jan said...

Oh yes I usually love Autumn days too Penny. It is the last day of August tomorrow here and a bit dull and cloudy again. Some lovely warm days this week have very much been enjoyed though and there will be some again before Winter I am sure. September can be lovely. It is more chilly in the mornings and evening and you can smell that Autumny smell in the air. On Saturday we drove over to Yorkshire and on the way back noticed the farmers starting to make bales. I love harvest season. So joyful.

Rhodesia said...

Well done, a lovely set of photos. Yes there is a chill in the air here as well and the leaves are dropping!! What happened to summer it was very brief here!

Sorry I am not keeping up with blogs and comments just so much going on. Lots to do in the garden and I have not had time to process photos that I have taken, I am getting backlogged!!

Hope all is well, take care, Diane

Jeanie said...

It's cooling off here, too. I love this -- and what a wonderful idea, stringing the fairy lights through the blooms. It does give a lovely glow. I might have to try that one!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love your pretty fall flowers with the lights in them! what a nice idea! Yes, the season is changing, even here I can tell, but it will be a while before it is really "cool" enough to call it fall! I hope to start some decorating maybe next week after Labor Day. It's time for change! Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your flowers.

I think Autumn is a wonderful season, I always enjoy seeing the changing colours.
I enjoyed the poem by June Kellum.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...