Saturday, January 8, 2022

It's Done!

Hallelujah!

As of Thursday, Kenyan time, Rose has safely delivered a baby boy.  Rose had to have a C-section and she will be released soon to recover more fully at home.  Her husband has raised about half of the required funds which will need to be paid prior to discharge. 

Mom and baby are doing well. I'm sure Rose is most relieved given the challenges of carrying to term. I'm grateful for those of you who prayed for Rose and her child.  We are overjoyed that the long drama of pregnancy challenges is over and that baby has been safely delivered. I learned that Rose had not been expecting another pregnancy. In fact for the past several years she was quite certain that her child birthing years were finished.  I know that happens sometimes for mature, older women.  But baby's conception and destiny are not a surprise to God who gives life and I'm thankful to be a part of the safe entry into the world.  I hope I get a chance to travel safely to Kenya and back after Covid and see the baby myself.

 



15 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How wonderful and what an answer to prayer! Praying the baby boy will be healthy and strong and that Rose will also be healthy and enjoy this miracle baby! She must feel like Elizabeth or Sarah in the Bible! Such a blessing from the Lord. Thank you for letting us know.

Mari said...

I'm so glad to hear the baby is safely here and Rose is doing well!

eileeninmd said...

Best wishes for the Rose and her new baby! Take care, have a happy Sunday and a great new week!

Joyful said...

Thank you Pamela for your prayers for Rose and baby! We really appreciate it.

Joyful said...

Thank you for your prayerful support Mari. God bless you.

Joyful said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words Eileen. We appreciate you.

Jan said...

Happy to hear that Rose and her new baby are well and healthy. It may be hard for her as an older Mum? I will look back on your blog as I was wondering if she had other children and how she will manage. It's good she has the baby's Dad with her to help and support. Many good wishes and love being sent to Rose and her baby today.

Joyful said...

Hi Jan, I know that Rose has other children of a wide range of ages though many of them will be in school. I will enquire how she is going to manage for the first few months as she heals. I think between her husband, the children and some neighbours she will manage but I'm still concerned about her as she heals. Thank you for your good wishes for her.

Joanne Noragon said...

Such lovely, fat little feet!

Rhodesia said...

Great news. Thanks for all the posts, I have been reading but not always commenting. Time never seems to be on my side!!! Have a good week, Diane

Jeanie said...

Good news indeed, Penny. I'm sure you are over the moon!

Joyful said...

Yes, cute baby feet. But they don’t belong to Rose's baby.

Joyful said...

Yes great news Diane. I appreciate you stopping by!

Joyful said...

I'm very happy for Rose and her family I'll be even happier in a few months after she's had a chance to heal.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is good news.
My good wishes for Rose and her new baby.

All the best Jan

City Gardens, Weather & Cooking

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers, Time passed too quickly this month and before you know it May will be here.  With it's return th...