Thursday, July 13, 2023

The Sky in July







Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

It's been awhile since I participated in Skywatch Friday.  

These photos were all taken in downtown Vancouver, BC on Wednesday, July 12, 2023. 

The weather here has been very hot and we are in drought at a Level 4. I learned that on the news recently.  Here is a map of British Columbia.  All of the areas in red are at drought Level 4.


Vancouver, BC is just north of the border from Seattle and definitely in the red zone. As many of our neighbours in the USA will know, we've been having a lot of wild fires all over Canada and BC is no exception. It makes air quality in some places very bad but thankfully we are not suffering the thick haze and smoke we had 2 years ago (or maybe it was last year). I can't keep track any more because this type of thing is sadly now a regular occurrence.

I wish you a wetter summer or winter wherever you are living and that you stay safe. 

 

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Looks like a nice day for a walk. Pretty views of the sky and the city.
Take care, enjoy your day!

stardust said...

Beautiful cityscape. I haven’t seen such clear blue skies for a while but only small patches of blue from time to time. I’m praying the hovering rain clouds over my country be carried to your place, not only to ease drought level but also to distinguish wild fires. Take care.
Yoko

Jeanie said...

Our skies have been very hazy from the fires in Canada (Ontario and Quebec). They seem to be better blue now. You're lucky to have such glorious skies!

Rhodesia said...

Beautiful blue skies and lovely to see some of the city as well. I hope all is well Diane

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful day for a walk.

magiceye said...

Lovely captures!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nice street scenes!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

More and more we all seem to celebrate cool weather and rain these days. Stay cool and safe!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely series of sky shots ~ be safe ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Klara said...

nice blue sky.

Linda said...

Pretty skies! I hope you get the rain you need.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
I hope you are enjoying this last weekend of July.
My good wishes.

All the best Jan

The Last Weekend

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well.   We've had a few beautiful days of sunshine. Now we are in the very l...