Hello friends & fellow bloggers,
Last week I shared some photos of the drive to Kamloops from Vancouver, BC. In this post we continue our journey with a peek at Kamloops from the lookout.
The lookout provides a very beautiful view but on this day the smoke from wildfires burning to the west, obscured the city below and across the river.
The smoke on most of the return trip was not as bad but I suspect it's worse now. More fires are burning and there has been a lot of fire destruction in several places to the west and the east of Kamloops. It's very sad. Firefighters have arrived from Mexico & I think Australia to help our firefighters fight the blazes.
![]() |
| Near the Fraser River at Hope, BC |
![]() |
| Near Chilliwack, BC |
![]() |
| Farming fields of Chilliwack, BC |
B.C.'s wildfire service warns the conditions are explosive and unlike anything they've ever seen before.(Yahoo News August 8, 2026)
















11 comments:
Lovely collection of beautiful skies!
Your sunsets are lovely. You have a ton of smoke -- I'm so sorry about that. It's so sad.
Yeah I just read in the news that our premier has called a state of emergency for the province.
It sometimes seems like much of the world is on fire. What beautiful countryside and sunset, and such a shame the fires are nearby. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
Thank you.
Remember those summers when we didn't have smoke?
So true.
Those were the days my friend. I miss them.
We were planning to visit Jasper National Park two years ago, but sadly had to cancel because of the fires. It’s heartbreaking to see that it’s burning again, even if in a different area.
Oh gosh, seeing all that thick smoke choking the view from the lookout breaks my heart completely because I adore our wild forests so much. Driving through those hazy roads brings pure anxiety, yet catching glimpses of the farming fields near Chilliwack offers a tiny burst of hope. I feel so relieved knowing you reached home safely! That update regarding the state of emergency feels terrifying, keeping my fingers crossed everyone stays safe out there.
Post a Comment