Sunday, February 7, 2010

Images of Kamloops

I am visiting in the Interior of British Columbia this week in a town called Kamloops. It is about 4.5 hours drive from my home to here.

The weather and scenery in winter is rather dull. It has been foggy all week but today the sun came through. As you can see there is very little snow here. Kamloops doesn't get much snow in winter these days but this year has been very mild both here and at home in Vancouver.

I hope you enjoy these few pictures. Perhaps you can see that the geography is quite dry and this is a semi-arid area with some desert scenery and temperatures in summer. It can be quite lovely on a nice day and the area is a wonderful area for those that love ranching or the great outdoors.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been there (1/2 ish way between Vancouver and Calgary stop over I think)!!! This is like a trip down memory lane from afar ;)

My Castle in Spain said...

I'm glad at least you had some sun coming through!
i find the hilly scenery quite nice...
Hope you had a great week end!
:-)

ps: to answer your question about the candleholder, well i have to ask my boyfriend to light it for me, too high for my short size!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing xoxo

OneStonedCrow said...

Thanks for sharing - I've always been a home-body with not much interest in traveling abroad but, meeting all of you people from around the world is starting to give me itchy feet ... alas, I have so much to do here though and not enough time or money ... I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with images ...

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place... love those mountains in the backdrop.

Guy D said...

I've always loved Kamloops, great pics.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Pat said...

The blue of the sky is very pretty. Kamloops reminds me of some of the old towns in the foothills of the Sierras here in California...Once they were gold-mining towns.

Marites said...

it looks quite and the gray clouds seem threatening for some rains. Nice shots! The one with the mountain at the background is my fave. My world entry is here.

Katy ~ said...

I have longed wished to visit British Columbia; it's like a pull to me to go there. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Now I feel a nostalgia and longing for a place I have yet to visit.

Joyful said...

I have longed wished to visit British Columbia; it's like a pull to me to go there. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Now I feel a nostalgia and longing for a place I have yet to visit.

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...