Thursday, August 2, 2018

Sad

I'm feeling a little sad tonight so this will be a different kind of post. 

I just learned last night that a young cousin of mine who acted as one of the pall bearers at my mom's funeral last year has had to go into surgery. It was a rather complicated surgery involving his tongue, his leg and his wrist as there were surgeries to remove cancer and surgeries to graft skin. I spoke to his mom early evening and she informed me that surgery lasted 20 hours and it is a little too early to know how things went. At the same time her son went in for surgery, the young man's father died of the same cancer. He had been fighting the cancer for long.

I don't have a good photo of my cousin but that is him leaning over the casket just over the left shoulder of the man in the suit.

Also in the last few days I heard that my sister in law went in for a hysterectomy and had to be rushed to emergency twice since being discharged. In the second visit they performed another surgical procedure once more. She is doing much better now. 

In Kenya, Grandma Sally is hanging on by a thread. I cannot get over how strong she is.  Almost 2 months ago the doctor had given her about 2 weeks to live so we transferred her to hospice. She is still with us though she is very weak. It is only a short matter of time now. I am sad that I didn't get to visit her and that my travels to Kenya have been delayed in favour of helping her family to provide her with the best medical help we can get.  She expressed her gratitude for extending her life through medical helps.


Through these difficult times I am missing my loved ones who have gone before, my dear mom in particular. I miss all our chats and the ability to ask for her help about how to do certain things. We used to enjoy long visits in person and by phone though in latter years that was no longer possible.


Even though I miss her, I am grateful that her physical suffering is over.  I pray she is having a very good visit with all the family that are in heaven to greet her. I have the hope that some day I shall see them all again though tonight I had a good cry anyway.


The scripture in Psalms 56:8
says

"You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book."

This verse of scripture has always touched me.

~~~~

Stay safe, hug your loved ones and have a peaceful weekend.






I won't be linking with any linky party's today.
Much love to each of you.
♥♥♥


22 comments:

diane b said...

Sorry to hear of your sad news. I hope your cousin recovers well. I think we all miss our mother's when they have gone and it doesn't matter how old we get we still miss them.

Joyful said...

Diane, thank you for your kind words regarding my cousin. I understand the surgery was very delicate. I agree that most of us miss our mothers no matter our age. I am blessed that my mom lived to see me through my growing up years and beyond. I know many don't get that chance to have their moms so long.

Rhodesia said...

That is very sad news, son and father both, very difficult for the wife and mother. Grandma Sally is an amazing woman, I only hope that she is not in pain and is happy at the hospice.

I miss my family so much, brother, father and mother all, and as my parents were only children I have no close relatives either. I have so many things around the house though belonging to each of them that I have meny happy memories.

Take care and I hope your cousin recovers well. Diane

shayndel said...

Dear Joyful, Sorry to hear of your sad news. Prayers for your cousin`s recovery and comfort to his mom and family. And for your sister-in-laws health. Grandma Sally in Kenya is so amazing, her spirit and light shine so brightly through all your sharing about her. I agree with you and Diane about missing our moms, and understand that wanting to talk to her. May Comfort and God`s great Shalom that goes beyond all understanding be with you and all your extended family. Much love from across the oceans!!xox

Red said...

These events would make you feel a "little down". I hope everybody recovers rapidly and regain normal health.

Joyful said...

Diane, I've very sorry you have no close relatives. I have a few left but most of them live so far. I'm thankful I still have a few dear ones who live closer by. I'm glad you have many happy memories and mementos of your loved ones so you have those to comfort you. Thank you for the kind wishes for my cousin. I guess we will know in a few days how things are going to go.

Joyful said...

Dear Shayndel, thank you so much for your kind words and mostly your prayers. It is amazing about grandma Sally isn't it? I learned last night after posting that she has improved a bit. It goes like that. She seems to rally ever so often but overall she is quite weak. Much love and Shabbat Shalom.

Joyful said...

Thank you so much Red.

happyone said...

Oh that is a lot to be sad about. I pray your cousin and sister recover.
My mm died last year also. Aug 8 it will be a year.
So comforting to know that one day many of us will met again in heaven.

Dianna said...

Oh, dear Penny,

I am so sorry to hear of all the reasons for your sadness, my friend. I have just prayed for each one that you've mentioned here and also for you. May God touch each life as only He can do. Please keep us posted on how things are going. Hugs and love being sent your way.

Joyful said...

Thank you Happy One. It really is a comfort to know that separations ate not forever. Sorry about your mother in law.

Joyful said...

Dear Dianna, I appreciate you dear friend, and all your prayers 💕

Billie Jo said...

I am sorry for your sadness.
Beautiful passages to help with the tears.
Have a cozy weekend.

Mari said...

I'm sorry for all these losses. Praying for all of them! I'm thankful that our help truly does come from the Lord!

Joyful said...

Thank you Billie Jo. It's supposed to rain a bit and I'm looking forward to the ground getting some much needed water. Have a lovely weekend too.

Joyful said...

Thank you Mari. It is so true where our help comes from. I thank God we can turn to him at any time. Have an awesome weekend.

Jeanie said...

Oh Penny, so many times things get so sad. I do think that fear of losing someone, along with other losses all add up to not only sadness and concern for those directly involved but also the significant losses of our past. I feel for you so. I do hope the prognosis following surgery will be a good one.

Annie said...

So sorry to hear this sad news but will pray for them all.
Sending hugs.

Debbie Harris said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news.
MY thoughts and prayers will certainly be with you, sweet friend. ❤

Jan said...

Dear Penny, This all sounds very sad indeed and will of course make you want to speak to your Mum and others that are no longer here. You are a very kind and strong human being, and continue to be kind and strong through sad times with support from your faith and community. I'm semding you lots of love and strength too, as always. Jan x

Angie said...

Such events are so hard to accept, but your scripture and your quote are very appropriate. Clearly, your faith is a great help to you when sadness comes. I pray that you will find peace in the days to come.

jabbott said...

I'm so so sad for your cousin being ill. I am hoping they have caught all the cancer and he makes a full recovery x

Hello New Week

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well. In my corner of the world, I've been enjoy all the lovely tree blossom...