Friday, July 9, 2021

Yah, it's Friday

 Happy Friday and happy weekend ahead.

It's been a busy week of errands and trying to find this and that for upcoming birthdays and projects so I'm a bit late with posting.

I captured these sky shots in early morning hours. I'm actually a night owl as that is when I seem to get more energy to do things but I do love to see the sky and feel the cool air in the very early morning hours before the city gets loud and busy.

 
 
 
 



My herb garden is overgrown. Too hot to cook. I guess I should freeze some.

I've slowed down reading but I have a number of books to keep me busy. I'm reading a little out of each one and hope I can finish them all before they are due at the library or unavailable for further renewals. I also picked up these magazines awhile ago. I seldom buy magazines any more but I'm sure I will enjoy them. I especially love looking at nicely decorated spaces and beautiful gardens. It relaxes me.

 


Last weekend I did a lot of meal preparation and batch cooking for the week. It was lovely since I've been feeling rather tired. It enabled me to focus on my errands and a few other things instead of cooking every day.



In the Kenyan mission field, Pastor Jonah has been kept busy with Livingstone's leg issues. Livingstone has been back to the doctor several times for follow up, had his cast redone numerous times and had multiple x-rays done. His leg is not healing very well but then again it's only been just over a month.  I have tried to insist that they stop redoing the cast and expecting Livingstone for such frequent follow-ups but that is how they do business at Kenyan hospitals. In the west that doesn't typically happen since it takes months for leg fractures to heal properly. We'll see how it goes moving forward.

There has been an outbreak of Covid 19 in various parts of Kenya due to mass political gatherings that were held weeks ago.  Certain communities have been hit hard including the one where we focus the missions work, the town of Kericho and surrounding villages.  It means curfews and restricted travel are again in place in much of the country.

Regular readers of this blog will already know that Livingstone has had Covid but was able to recuperate at home with prescribed medicines. Ernest, the other man that had a broken leg, had been hospitalized for weeks but is now okay. 

There is a woman I am concerned about. Her name is Rose. She is 52 years old and several months pregnant. She landed in hospital with Covid like symptoms and ultimately tested positive for Covid. She has been in a small hospital for almost 2 weeks and in need of a great many medicines (I have no information on how these might affect the unborn child).

Another younger woman named Joyce was admitted to hospital with pneumonia like symptoms and later tested positive for Covid.

All these needs at once are stretching my resources since I also try to help certain households with regular food and  helps, 

If any of you are so inclined to help out please feel free to reach out to me. I can be reached at kerichojoy[at]gmail[dot]com. Pay Pal donations can also be sent there. If you experience any problems kindly let me know. I've heard of two people now over several months who have had problems sending donations. They were ultimately successful after trying several times. I could also send you a payment request through Pay Pal if you send your email and how much you would like to donate. I thank you in advance for considering the needs.

~~~

I tired myself out this past week by going out almost every day for hours at a stretch. I'm not used to that at the best of times.  So this weekend I hope to catch up to some chores, some reading and some rest.

~~~

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week ahead. 

I'm linking up with Skywatch Friday.




28 comments:

Red said...

I'd really like to pick the strawberry for you and then eat it myself!

Joyful said...

Ha, ha. If you were here we might have to arm wrestle over who gets to pick 😊.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You captured the sky and flowers beautifully

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful sky shot especially the 1st one. I like your cooking.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wonderful sky and garden photos...I saw that beautiful strawberry. I hope you pop it right into your mouth and enjoy it! I was struck by your comment about a woman named "Rose" who is 52 years old and several months pregnant??? Is that even possible? Wow! I have a daughter in law named Rose, who is in her mid 40's and has never had a baby. As much as I would love to have a grandchild, I don't think I would want her to be pregnant at that age...but when you said that, I almost had a little glimmer of hope that there was still hope for my Rose, although I don't think she really would want to have a baby at this age. But miracles do still happen, don't they? Oh well, I will just pray for your friend Rose, that she and her baby will be safe and healthy in spite of the extra medicines she is having to take. May God bless her and keep her healthy. Praying for your other Kenyan friends as well, that God would meet their needs both for health and for financial needs. God is able to supply all my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus... Take care and enjoy your reading and lovely meals.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your sky and flowers photos are just beautiful. I hope you get some rest, reading is a good way to relax. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, beautiful morning skies! I'm like you... more of a night owl, so I capture very few sunrises!

Mari said...

Beautiful skies, flowers and fruit! I'm also a night owl.
I can't imagien being 52 and pregnant - and then to have an illness...

Joanne Noragon said...

Beautiful garden, as always, and clear, cool sky. I wish I could stand and cook all day. My method of big meals and freezing is working well, though.

Joyful said...

Thank you Pamela. Yes, one can get pregnant if they haven't fully stopped menses. It doesn't seem quite so prevalent today as it was in olden day; most likely due to contraception an doctor's counsel against carrying late age pregnancies due to likelihood of the baby having health/mental problems. By and large in underdeveloped countries like Kenya the village woman do not use contraceptives.

Joyful said...

Thank you Eileen.

Joyful said...

I totally understand, he he.

Joyful said...

It's a difficult situation.

Joyful said...

Thank you. I also make larger meals and freeze for future use.

Jeanie said...

I don't know which I love most -- the skies or the blooms! It's very sad, the Covid situation in Africa. I'm so sorry to hear you are more than aware of it from your Kenyan friends.

Rhodesia said...

Beautiful sky shots, well done. Also the flowers and the strawberries look good.

The Covid situation in Africa is bad and now the riots in Natal are horrendous. All because they had an ex president who has landed up in jail!!!! Very sad.

Take care, Diane

affectioknit said...

Hi Penny,
...such pretty skies and flowers...I hope all of your friends heal quickly and well...
~Have a lovely day!

Joyful said...

I know Jeanie because I love sky and floral shots equally. It is very sad what is going on in parts of Africa and of course especially where I have friends.

Joyful said...

Thank you for the kind words Diane. I did see the riots on television in SA. Very sad indeed.

Joyful said...

Thank you Teresa. I hope so too.

Jim said...

Beautiful skies.

Sharon Wagner said...

Pretty pansies! I'm reading: The Beuatiful Ones. Among many others.

Joyful said...

Thank you Jim.

Joyful said...

Thank you Sharon. I'm going to look up the book!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing such beautiful photographs.

All the best Jan

Joyful said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Jan.

diane b said...

You are one busy lady.

Joyful said...

Hi Diane, I like keeping busy, hopefully with constructive activities. It beats being bored. Have a great day.

It Was a Spectacular Day! ~ Skywatch

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, It was a spectacular, sunny day where I live. It's still rather chilly from my point of view but the ...