Monday, August 29, 2022

Summertime and the Living is Easy?

 Welcome back to Toni's Tuesday 4!  We need to enjoy every season to the fullest even those of us for whom summer is not the favourite season.

1. What do you like to do in the summer?

Sad to say that summer is not my favourite season. Primarily because it is too hot. So what I like to do to avoid heat is to stay indoors and sit as still and as quiet as possible. It's my time for watching television, reading and doing slow housework. When I have more time I like to go to the beach and have a nice walk to enjoy the ocean breezes and spectacular scenes.  

 

Summer is also usually the time I enjoy having a visitor or two but the last few years this didn't happen. Hopefully next year.  This year I've been spending a lot of time downsizing and doing small DIY projects so I can enjoy the months ahead.

2. What is your favorite summertime food and beverage?

My favourite summertime food is probably a well done cheeseburger with potato salad and a very cold lemonade with ice (not too sweet) or a iced coca cola with lemon juice. Oh, and let me not forget many varieties of ice cream and fruits, especially watermelon to quench the thirst. In former days I enjoyed having a Mr. Misty Float from the Dairy Queen. I had a few this summer but now I find them too sweet and tart at the same time.

3. How do you beat the heat?

I beat the heat by sitting indoors at home or in an air conditioned coffee shop. When I go outdoors I tend to walk in the shaded areas as the sun is too hot for me.

4. What do you really like about the summer season?

The best thing about the summer season is going for a walk on the beach to enjoy the ocean views & waking up very early just to watch the glorious colours in the sky. I also like to enjoy the garden when it is in full bloom.
Thank you for stopping by!
 


 



10 comments:

annie said...

Cheeseburger! Yes, yes and yes!! I agree. And there is nothing as special as walking on the beach in summer. Thanks for joining in!!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely photos, I enjoy summer much more than a cold snowy winter. Gorgeous sunset.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jodi said...

Walks on the beach, and to catch the gorgeous sunsets!! Have a great Tuesday!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Walking on the beach sounds wonderful. I live in Colorado so I like the mountains which are often a bit cooler. I hope you have a great Tuesday! Thank you for sharing with us.

Joyful said...

I love walking along the beach and seeing the beautiful beachfront scenery. I think you have a lot more beachfront where you live since you seem surrounded by water.

Joyful said...

Thanks so much Eileen. It would be hard for me to choose between summer and winter because where I live we don't get as much snow as you do. Even so I find the cold hard on my legs. Enjoy your week!

Joyful said...

Thanks! You have a wonderful week ahead.

Joyful said...

I love beaches and mountains and I'm blessed to be have both where I live. One day I'd love to go Colorado. I've only seen it in photos and it is very beautiful. Have a wonderful week.

Jeanie said...

I always enjoy your answers to these. I love potato salad and ice cream, too! And I wish it could go on longer!

Joyful said...

Thanks Jeanie. There is still a bit more time for potato salad and ice cream ;-)

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...