Friday, September 1, 2023

....And to Celebrate the Last Day of the Month

Every August 31st is a special day.  It's the birthday of my late mom who passed almost 6 and a half years ago.  My brother and I used to make a fuss on her special day once she went into the care home so that she would know how much we loved her and I know she always enjoyed our time together on her birthday. So each year on her special day I try to remember her by doing something different. Sometimes we have a cake in her honour or I do something to enjoy myself.  She and I used to especially enjoy walking along the waterfront and stopping to have a coffee and a pie or something sweet.

I haven't really spent much time enjoying the summer because it was super hot and I don't enjoy hot weather.  It got a lot cooler this week and I decided a walk to the waterfront was in order.

I took a lot of photos (and videos) so today's post is photo heavy. I hope you enjoy them.

The circle on the map shows Davie Village situated on Davie Street in the city's West End. I walked from the St. Paul's Hospital to Denman Street then to the beach.
















Joining in with Skywatch Friday today.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend.



9 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! 🌸

I like the colorful mural on that tall building.

Jocelyn said...

Lovely photos.

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful series of beautiful sky shots ~ and thanks for Birthday wishes for Ziggy ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful photos.

Worth a Thousand Words

Jeanie said...

It may have been hot but you have some beautiful skies to share. I always remember those special days, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice photographs you've shared.

All the best Jan

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful photos!!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Hi Penny. I have gone to an October post and found it full of ads and pay with PayPal etc. I was quite taken by surprise. I guess you opted to monetize your blog or else another person has taken over? Lovely pics of fall colours. My year was crazy with near death health issue but after 10 months I am healing nicely and pain is nearly gone. Buddy furned 50 and still is a comfort. Hope you are doing well. God Bless.

Joyful said...

@KleinsteMotte, Hello Heidrun, yes, I have decided to turn on the ads and try to make some money for missions in Kenya. As you know I've always raised funds through donations from fellow bloggers and friends. I didn't want to ask people outright for donations anymore but the Pay Pal button has been part of the blog for many years already and predates the advertising. I'm so glad to hear you are doing much better now. A belated Happy Birthday to Buddy.

The Last Weekend

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well.   We've had a few beautiful days of sunshine. Now we are in the very l...