Thursday, July 30, 2026

Road Tripping Part 1- Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. I don't know about you but even now that I'm retired, I always look forward to the weekend. I guess it's because I know I likely won't take or make any business type phone calls for a few days, lol.

Last week my brother and I went on a day trip to visit a family member for the day. We travelled from Vancouver to Kamloops, which is a distance of 354 kilometres or 220 miles.  I'd been wanting to make this trip for many months but various things kept me busy at home.

Here are a few photos taken along the highway.  The skies were mostly clear when we left Vancouver.  But along the way and in Kamloops itself, the sky was very hazy due to the smoke from the wildfires burning several hours to the west of where we were.  I was glad we travelled when we did. If we had left a day later we would have been sitting for hours on the highway due to road closures caused by a vehicle on fire.
     







In the last photo we are beginning our approach into the city of Kamloops.  As you can see the smoke was pretty thick.

Thanks for coming along with us on this Skywatch Friday road trip.

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love me a road trip especially when it goes through the mountains!!

Road Tripping Part 1- Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. I don't know about you but even now that ...