I hope today finds you happy and healthy and that the weather you are is treating you right.
Earlier this week I had to run some errands downtown. As it happens it was near the place where the cruise ships dock when they come to Vancouver. The ships dock within a short walk to downtown Vancouver and the touristy area called Gastown. Gastown is the original Vancouver and it is still comprised of a lot of old buildings and cobblestone streets.
The next two photos look east to the entry to the Gastown neighbourhood. Here you'll find lots of tourist shops with souvenirs, restaurants, coffee shops and a residential area.
It was a very busy day with tourists and locals alike walking all along the street. I overheard some tourists say how much they loved the city. I only hope they don't end up changing their minds. If they walk a little further beyond Gastown they will enter what is considered to be the poorest postal code (area) in the country. There you'll also see the saddest sights around with many people battling all sorts of addictions. It really has become such a problem despite governments and all kinds of agencies trying to tackle the myriad of issues over many decades. Anyway, I digress. This post is really meant to be about the beautiful day I was experiencing.
It really was a beautiful, sunny day. Though there was a slight chill in the shade earlier in the day, it heated up considerably by the mid afternoon. I had to remove my light cardigan and store it in my bag.
The 'fluffy' white clouds against the pale blue sky evoked a sense of calm and peace. Everywhere you look the people are smiling and enjoying themselves. These are very enjoyable times to be out and about in the sunshine.
The ship that is docked is the cruise ship named the Coral Princess. It's a rather large ship and was apparently custom built to navigate the Panama Canal. The ship is probably travelling to Alaska though it could also have come up from California. Have you ever been on a cruise and if not, do you wish to go on a cruise? I've never been on one myself. Some day I'd love to cruise up to Alaska.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my Skywatch Friday post. I hope to see you again soon.





1 comment:
Beautiful photos! Vancouver looks wonderful on a sunny day with those clear skies and fluffy clouds. I hope you get to take that trip someday!
Post a Comment