Sunday, June 14, 2009

Well Done


And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 21:4


This morning my friend in Kericho, Kenya died. She was 26 years old and her name was Bornest. I met her when I was in Kenya a few years ago now. She was a vibrant young woman. Full of smiles and laughter and life. I had no idea then that she was very sick and had been for most of her life.

Recently, I helped her get to a hospital for care and treatment. A friend of mine named Thomas helped to admit her to hospital and we have been praying for her recovery. She succumbed this morning as a result of failing organs. Word of her passing reached me by text message within the hour.

I cried and shed some tears. My emotions are a bit raw. Bornest's family just had a funeral within the last few months as a brother died of AIDs. I feel the loss of a friend. Someone who had no large income and for whom life was very hard. Yet, someone who could still smile and laugh and fight valiantly to live.

Bornest has now lost her physical battle but her spiritual battle has been won. I am confident that I will see her again some day in Heaven. I am confident that even now the Lord is telling her "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter now into thy rest".


Bornest, my friend and esteemed daughter of God, I will not soon forget you but I know someday I shall see you again. Wait for your friends with smiles and praises unto His name. God bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to read this. But you (and I dare say she) are so strong in the Lord that you know the end of the book has a happy ending, and that together will you be again. In His name.

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...