Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tuesday 4 ~ Light


We are experiencing a heat wave this week and Tuesday will be very hot. After that it will cool a bit each day. I'm not sure what the rest of the summer holds since our warm weather came very late this year unlike last year where we battled constant heat and wildfires or smoke from wildfires. It seems that kind of weather has moved on to central an eastern Canada, parts of USA and Europe. Please stay safe and cool wherever you are.

~~~~

 Welcome to another Tuesday 4 by Toni Taddeo.

 

Let's talk about light, okay? You light up my life.. shine a light in the darkness, Miller Light. All kinds of light but how about at home?

1. Are you afraid of the dark? Is night or day your favorite time?

I'm not afraid of the dark in general; only if I am alone walking in the dark anywhere. Late at night or very early in the morning are my favourite times because it tends to be cooler and quiet. 



 2. Do you have night lights in your home?

I have a night light that plugs into the socket in my bathroom. When I use it I don't have to turn the hallway lights on if I get up in the middle of the night. I don't always use it though because light keeps me awake.

3. How low do you set your air conditioning?  Do you adjust it through the day?

I don't have any air conditioning though I wish I did. I do have a few fans and I turn them on and off all day long during hot summer days or when the air is stagnant.

4. Do you keep any outdoor or indoor lights on all night?

I don't keep lights on outside all night. In fact, it is forbidden by the strata by-laws to have light bulbs outside. I pretend I don't know that and I have a few solar lights in the garden to enjoy at night when I look out. Inside I only have the bathroom light which only throws light once it's dark. I don't use it all the time as light tends to keep me awake when it filters through the cracks around the door.  

Late at night I read or knit and sometimes watch TV. It seems I concentrate better when virtually everyone else is sleeping. (The photo shows 3 books I'm currently reading).  Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Lori said...

I read in the summer at night also. I haven't this summer though. It is so much more peaceful. I loved Run, Rose, Run. Enjoy!
Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Jeanie said...

We didn't get out of the 60s yesterday. Today is supposed to be a little warmer. It bounces around like a rubber ball. We don't have air/con (don't need it at the lake and rarely at home) and no heat apart from space heaters and fireplace at the lake, so moderate temps are important!

Cathy said...

I would like to read Tim Tebow's book and also the one by Patterson and Dolly. Hope you have a great day.

Stacy said...

You aren't allowed outside lights? That seems excessive. Good for you figuring a way around it! Are you enjoying Run, Rose, Run? I want to read it but am waiting to find a used copy.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that would be crazy to not be allowed to have lights. I light to have the lights on when we come home and it's dark or if my daughter comes home late. I focus more on reading when no one else is in the room.

Anonymous said...

Ugghhh, the anonymous comment was me. I need to get signed in...Kirstin from Loving Life blog.

Anne in the kitchen said...

We have no covenants prohibiting outdoor lights. I am glad for that because we are well lit until midnight.

Jodi said...

You aren't allowed to have outside lights, that strange. And no air, oh my I would melt, even though our tiny window unit is dieing, it still keeps up cool in the dog days of summer!

annie said...

Outdoor lights make things a bit safer I think but I understand why they do that I think. Light can be annoying for others. Thanks so much for joining in!

Beautiful April Sky

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, It's a beautiful April day in Vancouver and I'm enjoying the sun.  You can see people on the stre...