Monday, November 20, 2023

Tuesday 4 ~ Thankful


 Hello friends and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  

Thanksgiving Day is about here. Let's talk about the holiday and thankfulness.

1. Whether you are from the USA or not, thankfulness is beneficial to a nation and people.  Is it a natural thing for you to think of being thankful or is it something you must be reminded about?

We had Thanksgiving in Canada in October.  It is natural for me to be thankful for everything both in good times and in bad even if we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving on a specific holiday. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2.  Plimoth Plantation is the site of the original settlement and everything is authentic to the 1600's including how they speak. Have you been to Plymouth Rock?   How about the Plimoth Plantation (yes that is the proper spelling). Would you like to go visit these places?     What places are you thankful for having seen?      

I've never been to Plymouth Rock or to the Plimoth Plantation. I don't have a particular desire to go to these places but if I ever had an opportunity I would take it since I love seeing new places and learning more about history. I have travelled to many countries and to several of them on more than one occasion. Sometimes I wish I had spread my travelling to more countries instead of returning to the same places on more than one occasion. I hope that I will still have an opportunity to visit more new places if the Lord tarries and if it is safe to do so. I am thankful for the many places I have been able to see around the world.

3. Do you tune into the Macy's Parade?

No I do not. It isn't part of the Canadian ritual and in fact, these days I don't really watch parades even at home.  When I was a youngster I did enjoy them.

4. What will you be eating on Thanksgiving Day this year?

This year we had ham roast for dinner with potatoes and brussels sprouts and various condiments like pickles and so on.  I can't remember if I made scalloped potatoes or mashed potatoes. I think I made red, garlic potatoes. One thing I do know is that as the years go by, we tend to eat less and less at holiday meals and just in general. I can no longer eat a huge meal at one go and nor can my loved ones it seems.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I wish the US did Thanksgiving in October as you do. It just makes so much more sense!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So good to hear from you and have you participate, even when you've already had your Thanksgiving! I kind of wish ours was earlier too...we jam up too much close to Christmas this way. Your meal sounds good! Hope you are doing well. God bless you and yours!

Susan said...

That is nice that you have been able to travel. Your meal sounds great! It feels like a Saturday to me since the grands are here. Enjoy the rest of the week.

2 gators said...

enjoyed reading your answers today. Would be more convenient if Thanksgiving was in OCT in the US that way could have a little break between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. What are Thanksgiving Traditions that Canadians celebrate.

**Syl said...

We experience too that we eat less.
Sometimes it's a thing when we go out for dinner with the parachute group, but the boys now try to sit near me, so they can eat a lot of my dinner too. Some are always hungry. LOL!

Enjoy your weekend!

The Last Weekend in April

 This is what it looks like here on Sunday early evening. I'm keeping busy on this rainy weekend with a bit of cooking, decluttering and...