Monday, July 1, 2024

Monday ~ Canada Day

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope your weekend is going well.

Source:  Freepik

  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA

🎉🎊🎉

🎆🎆🎆

It's Canada's birthday on July 1st. The country celebrates it's 157th birthday. I'm taking it easy today in preparation for a busy week.

It's Sunday as I sit and write this short post. I did little work as I'm in need of a rest day after all the busy-ness of the past weeks.

Yesterday I had a small harvest of swiss chard and kale from my community garden.  I made a juice with it to which I added beets, carrots, ginger, lemon and a small amount of green protein powder.  The protein powder is not my favourite as it uses stevia as a sweetener which I really don't like. I also found that the beets had a very strong, earthy taste even though I only used a small one.  Nonetheless, it probably did my system some good to get some fresh nutrients into my body.




I washed one load of towels and bed clothes. Normally I do laundry 2x per week but I wash the bedding once per week on weekends.  Since it's a long weekend I'm pushing the bedding laundry to a day later.

I also enjoyed getting a good start on the latest novel I'm reading called The Enchantress of Numbers, a historical novel based on the life of Ada Lovelace.  She is only legitimate child of the romantic poet, Lord Byron. Apparently, Ada was an early pioneer in the field of computing and is considered the first computer programmer. Somehow I never heard of her. Let me know in the comments section if you have heard of her and how you came to know of her.



1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Happy Canada Day, Penny! I lvoe taht graphic!

Monday ~ Canada Day

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope your weekend is going well. Source:  Freepik    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA 🎉🎊🎉 🎆🎆🎆 It's Canad...