Friday, July 12, 2024

Skywatch Friday in the Heat of July

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

Happy Friday to each of you. I hope you are having a fantastic start to your weekend. We are having a bit of a heat wave where I live. It started last week. I think it was Wednesday when the temperature dramatically increased. By Friday I was really feeling the heat when I went downtown to attend the Rolling Stones concert.

These photos were taken before the concert.  The last sky photo was taken in the concert venue.  It's the first time I've been in the stadium since they opened the roof. I'm not even sure if it is always like that or they just retract it during the summer.  All the other times I've been there the roof was closed. 

This is the side of the Parc Hotel on my way to the stadium next door.


Photo taken before the opening act took the stage.



The old guys can still rock and I really enjoyed the concert. If you'd like to read more about the concert, click here.

Joining in with Skywatch Friday.

7 comments:

Jim said...

Interesting.

Jocelyn said...

Very impressive.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

The Rolling Stones are still the bad boys. I remember the sweetness of the Beatles and then the Rolling Stones showed up and took over.

I'm glad you like the show. Thanks for sharing some photos with us.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've been a fan of the Stones since the 60's. If you would have told me they would still be filling stadiums in 2024, I would never have believed you!!

Photo Cache said...

Amazing how these old dudes can still do a 2-to-3-hour-long concert. Where do they get their energy>

Worth a Thousand Words

Annie said...

What a gorgeous stadium! The Rolling Stones are 100s of years old now but still performing. .wow. Keep going Mick. You took some lovely sky photos and I enjoy seeing the buildings in the area. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

baili said...

wow what a stunning stadium !
i just LOVED this shot dear Joy !
you captured the scenario awesomely bravo !

i am glad you enjoyed the concert on such cool place :)

Skywatch Friday ~ August 24, 2024

Hello once again fellow bloggers and friends,  Can you believe that the month of August is almost over? I just blinked and here we are. I ...