Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Roses ~ Tuesday 4 Meme

Here is another of Tuesday 4  invented by Toni Taddeo and kept alive in her memory.   While June is the month of roses, they do bloom all summer long and well past September in many places.

1. What is your favorite color of roses? Do you have a favorite kind of rose? 


My favourite colour of roses is 1) orange or 2) deep pink. I also like the same coloured roses but with cream on the outside.

I was trying to find a photo of such flowers for you because I know I've taken some but I can't seem to find more recent ones. The one I'm sharing is quite old and taken with a small camera in the days before the smart phones started taking good photos.

 

2. Do you ever buy flowers for your home?

Rhododendrons
Yes, I definitely love buying fresh flowers but they've become so expensive just like everything else here. I heard an American from Ohio the other day say she can buy a bunch of fresh flowers for $5. I've been buying fresh flowers here for decades and the price has never been that low.  It used to be that on the street where I live there would be many small stores that would sell bunches of fresh flowers and in those golden old days, the price was probably close to $10 for one bunch.  Nowadays most of those shops are gone and flowers, when you can find them, are at least $15 and up to $100 + for a fuller more varied bouquet.  Sadly this means I don't buy fresh flowers very often these days.  If I have an extra $15 to spend then I'd prefer to buy fresh fruits or vegetables.

3. Are there any roses in your yard or neighborhood? If not what kind of things grow around you?

No. My neighours and I only have patio balconies and I've yet to see anyone growing roses. They do grow rhododendrons and other flowering bushes though I can't say I've seen everyone's garden since we have privacy walls. In the stand alone residences in the neighbourhood some people do grow roses of various kinds though one doesn't see as many of them as one would think.

4. What do you see when you look out your front door?   How about out your kitchen window or back door?  

My daily view. 🙏
I only have a front door and a patio door and north facing windows.  The bathrooms and kitchen have no windows. When I walk out my front door I see a hallway.  When I look out the patio door I have a very beautiful view of the mountains and a church steeple.


5 comments:

Lori said...

What a gorgeous view! Loved your answers!
Have a nice week. ♥

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Beautiful photo of your orange roses! Thanks for letting me know you posted one. :)

Annie said...

Your patio garden always looks nice in summer. $5 does seem very low. The lowest here has been 10 per bunch sometimes 8. But as a kid I remember that you could buy bunches of violets on the street in New York city for less than a dollar but that was a long long time ago. Rhinebeck NY is the violet capital of the world. Venders sold violet bouquets with a paper doily around them. That was back when I was a kid and NY still had roasted chestnuts etc. on the streets too. Those days are gone now.

Lowcarb team member said...

Roses are such a lovely flower aren't they.
I have pink ones in vase at the moment.

All the best Jan

baili said...

i agree dear Joy that prices of everything has been sky rocking these days and as you said you don't buy fresh flowers anymore not because you don't want them anymore but there are better things to spend such money on i totally agree .the prices has made people to reprioritize things and prefer necessity over luxury what kind of time have come it makes one sad for while

i loved the first roses most ,they look of my type :)

i do love red roses most but white roses are my favorite too .

we have many rose plants in our garden but our extreme long summers don't allow the to grow well sadly yet they bloom fully during short mild winters thankfully .
i felt almost there when you described surroundings of your lovely home my friend :)
hugs and best wishes

Autumn Reading ~ Tuesday 4

Autumn Reading   H appy September friends and welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  The Autumnal Equinox is September 21 and i...