Tuesday, October 22, 2024

And When October Goes ~ Tuesday 4

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's

"And when October goes
The same old dream appears
And you are in my arms
To share the happy years
I turn my head away to hide
The helpless tears
Oh, how I hate to see October go". 




Barry Manilow

 
1. What do you hate to see go?

I hate to see the end of the dry seasons.  Heavier rains can start as early as the middle of October and last well into the new year.

2.  How's the autumn weather in your part of the world right now? 

Today (Monday) it was a beautiful day with sunshine and clearing blue skies.  We've just had 3 days of torrential rainfall. Something called an atmospheric river which is a new phenomenon.  Sadly, many of the surrounding municipalities were flooded and there were a few casualties around the province.

Sunday sky
Monday sky

3.  Anything on your reading list for autumn? What are you reading/watching right now that you would share with us.

I'm about to begin reading several books including:  The Book That Wouldn't Burn by Mark Lawrence.

I can't yet say that I recommend them because I haven't read enough yet.  They were all random books I picked up at the library a few days ago.

I've also been watching a few different series on Netflix:  Pachinko and Slow Horses and I'm looking forward to the new season of both. I understand that Pachinko hasn't yet been renewed but Slow Horses has been. If you are a fan of Gary Oldham you will enjoy his performance in Slow Horses but really, the entire cast is a delight.

















4.   For many religion keeps them going with promises of better things to come.  But there are other things that help along the way.  What things/people/thoughts, keep you going on your way?

At the moment, the thought that keeps me going is once I get through major decluttering and reorganizing, I will be 'free' to do other things wholeheartedly and enjoy life more. I do enjoy life right now but I hope to enjoy it more with greater free time to do hobbies and maintain or make new friendships. I also want more time to host people for dinner including loved ones and family members and time to plan travels and projects with my dear hubby.


No comments:

And When October Goes ~ Tuesday 4

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 . "And when October goes The same old dream appears And you are in my arms To share the happy ye...