Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spinach Soup & Bean Salad

Now and then I like to try new recipes. A good part of the time the recipes are from blogging friends. This week I also tried a simple bean salad I've been wanting to make for awhile and somehow never seem to get around to.

About two weeks ago I bought and soaked garbanzo beans and kidney beans intending to make this salad but ended up not doing so. So this week, I went out and bought a large can of mixed beans and a regular sized can of green beans.

I drained and rinsed both cans of beans and put them in a corning ware dish (any serving dish will do).  I then chopped some roasted red peppers and added them to the mix. I wanted to add some chopped red onions but I didn't have any on hand. For the dressing, I mixed some cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar to taste, cracked salt and pepper and whisked them all together. I tossed the dressing and bean mixture and put it all in the fridge to chill for a few hours.

You can tell I was in a hurry because of the splashes of "juices" on the bowl.


I also made a delicious spinach soup from a recipe posted by my friend Jo over at her blog Memorable Meanders. You can find the recipe here at Jo's blog.

Thanks to Jo for sharing the recipe for this wonderful soup. It's a keeper.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Mmmmmmm love spinach soup. I always think of Popeye and how strong it will make me LOL Diane

Teresa said...

That looks delicious!

Joyful said...

Thank you Teresa. It was delicious ;-)

Joyful said...

Hi Diane (from Charente), I'm sorry but your message doesn't appear here. I see it in my email but Disqus hasn't posted it and I have no way to do that. Thank you for your visit and your comment. The soup was delicious and I'll be trying yours soon too ;-)

Avonsong said...

Love that bean salad, looks mouthwatering. I'd have probably chucked in quite a lot of chopped garlic too (any excuse!).
Such a shame you may have lost some of your photos - was it the card that corrupted or something? I've just taken 582 pictures at a dress rehearsal (to sell on behalf of a charity), and I'd have a blue fit if I thought I'd lost them all...
Caroline

The Professor's Wife said...

That Spinach soup looks divine!

Regina said...

Hi there..they both look tasty and healthy! I get stuck in a rut sometimes and funny how Holidays are when I get the most creative?
Thanks for your comments..it was interesting hearing everyone's take. I'm with you. As far as internet, we share now (he needs it for his business) and the landline is primarily for business/fax. I understand how impossible it can be talking for any length of time on the cell. It's nice to have one party on the cell and be able to use the land line too. We don't go out much and I make mostly everything here?
Well, wishing you an enjoyable weekend:)

Joyful said...

The bean salad was delicious. I love garlic too but I don't think I'd like it in this salad. Just my taste. I did indeed lose a lot of photos but I was also able to recover a lot of them. I don't know what happened to the memory card. It was, I think a combination of things. I'm just glad I was able to recover about 2/3 of them. Now I've got to re-do the process since my computer died and with it the pics are gone.

Joyful said...

Thank you, PW. The soup was divine and it is a keeper recipe for me ;-) Hope you can try it out for yourself. It's super healthy too.

Joyful said...

thank you Regina. I love that you always take the time to share your thoughts with me. I did have a great weekend and I hope you did too ;-)

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...