Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Beautiful Day at the Beach

Hello friends,

 I hope this day finds you well and in good health. 

This week I have a visitor and so I am doing things I haven't done in awhile. 

Today we went to the airport to pick up my nephew who has had several weeks holiday in Croatia and several surrounding countries. 

I took his sister with me to greet him at the airport. After taking him home to the university we stopped for a beautiful view at the beach. There are several beach areas in Vancouver.  This beach is called Jericho Beach.
 (The high rises in some photos is where downtown Vancouver and the West End are located).
My niece remarked how much she enjoyed the breeze. 

Tomorrow we are taking in a movie.
Thursday we will celebrate her birthday which we do together each year.














The weather today was a lot cooler and much nicer than it has been.
I heard we are getting a bit more rain soon.
That will be most welcome.

I hope you are enjoying your summer so far.
I know many are on holiday right now.

Have a great week!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I hope we'll get some sunshine soon. :-)

Nancy Chan said...

Lovely beach and great scenery! Our weather is still hot even with a bit of rain and as far as possible we are staying indoors for the time being.

Stephanie said...

Stunning views of the water and buildings. Oh, how I miss the beach in Canada where I lived for eight years.... Thanks for sharing, sweet friend. Hugs!

Joanne Noragon said...

I think all of those logs are simply superb for old ladies like me who no longer sit on the sand.

affectioknit said...

Really pretty...all that blue!

~Have a lovely day!

Cynthia said...

What a gorgeous beach with the mountains behind. It looked like a perfect day for a walk on the beach, too. It's been too hot here for me to enjoy the beach as I don't really care to bake in the sun.

John's Island said...

Hi Joyful, I hope you are having a good visit with your niece. I know you were happy to have your nephew back safely. Thanks for sharing your photos of the beach. I am surprised that there are not more folks out on the beach. You probably knew I would love the ships in your photos! :-) Hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow celebrating your niece's birthday! Thanks for sharing!

Saucy Siciliana said...

Such gorgeous pictures!

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

we haven't been to the beach for quite sometimes and would loveee to go there..

Kayni said...

a lovely day out there! beautiful images.

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

Lovely view of Vancouver

A Few Days in March ~ Skywatch Friday

Hello friends and fellow bloggers. I hope Spring is treating you well so far. It's been roller coaster weather where I live with mostly ...