Thursday, January 18, 2024

Snowy Sky and Snowy Scenes

We've been having very cold weather for a week and in the last 2 days, a lot of snow. This is very unusual for us here in Vancouver though in the last few years the snow and cold has been increasing over the previous decades. 

People were advised to stay home if possible on Wednesday so that there would be fewer accidents. I did go out late to pick up a book at the local library so I had an opportunity to take some photos. The first photo was taken on Tuesday after a significant snowfall.  More snow is in the forecast for late Thursday.

I hope you are keeping warm enough if you are in the cold parts of the northern hemisphere.










 Joining in with Skywatch Friday this week. Thank you for stopping by!

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The trees look pretty with the snow and I love the shot of the walkway and the lights. Beautiful photos. Take care, stay warm and safe. Take care, enjoy your day!

Red said...

So far I haven't heard from my son. I hope he's not caught under some snow bank!!!

Jeanie said...

It may be cold but it looks quite lovely. Now you've got the pix -- get home and get cozy!

Penelope Notes said...

I hear rain pattering on the roof already. :) Soon the snow will be gone. Your photos captured it in such a nice light.

Annie said...

All the seasons are beautiful. God has made the world so beautiful for us. If only we can keep it that way. Lovely photos. I so love seeing your area.

Linda said...

Lovely images. I am ready for spring.

Pisi Prkl said...

That looks like it could be taken in (Lahti,) Finland too. Every year it looks the same in winter. Business as usual to us northern folks. Unfortunetly.

Jim said...

Marvellous.

Tom said...

...I love your winter wonderland, Yes, Vancouver and snow don't seem to go together. We are in a snow drought, so please send some our way.

carol l mckenna said...

Great snow scene photos ~ be warm ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. Stay safe and warm!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your photos and they look very cold. I was a weather weenie on this snap and stayed inside mostly.

Jeanne said...

We get less snow, and you get more.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brr it does look cold.
Lovely photographs though.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

A Perfect Gift

 Hi friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well on this last weekend of April. I'm doing well. I'm trying to make the...