Thursday, August 1, 2024

First Skywatch in August and a Bit of a Catch Up

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope you are all fine and enjoying summer. After several days of rain we had quite a hot day today. Every day for two weeks, various contractors have been coming to my home to do little jobs here and there to get the place move in ready. Today someone came to wash the master bedroom carpet and this should conclude the interior renovations. I've arranged for contents to be returned next week. I can't wait to get everything unpacked and back to normal.

It was a hot day but I had to get out and mail several parcels. I also had to stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables. I snapped these photos while I was out.







Some of you might remember that the master bathroom exhaust fan died after the water leak. A new one was installed yesterday. It's quite a bit larger, much quieter and has stronger air intake.  I think I'll be having the exhaust fan in the main bathroom changed to the same as the new one, a Panasonic model.




I've been on a bit of a cooking spree trying to use up a lot of what is already in the freezer and pantry. I couldn't run out every day with workers coming and going so I also ended up baking some bread which I haven't done in a long while. Thankfully it was raining heavily on the day I baked the bread so it wasn't an issue to have the oven on.






I saw these flowers by the side of the road. I thought they were cute.






When it's too hot to do much of anything, I read. I finished the crime novel, This Body of Death by Elizabeth George. I enjoyed it a lot despite the fact that I tend not to read crime novels.  


I'm now reading a few different books.  I need to hurry up and complete the book on the vagus nerve because the book is due soon and there is a wait list for it so it can't be renewed.




Are you reading any good books?  Let me know.

I'm joining in with Skywatch Friday today. Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I know you'll be happy when everything is back in your home. Renovation is hard to live with. I'm so envious of your fresh baked bread. It's hard to beat that. Yum. Have a great weekend.

Jeanie said...

It's good to see your catch-up! It's been a busy time for you but I'm glad you've had some reading and baking time too. (It looks delish!)

magiceye said...

Beautiful sky captures!

September Musings ~ Tuesday 4

September is back to school month and even if you are an adult now, you can usually still recall the back to school days.  It was a new begi...