Monday, September 28, 2026

The Cozy Pastime of Reading ~ Tuesday 4

The Cozy Pastime of Reading

Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we give you 4 questions to think about each week.
People make reading lists for the various seasons and many mention how cozy it can be to cuddle up in a favorite spot to read.


1. Do you have a list of books you'd like to read? 

Yes, I keep a list of books I might want to read in future. It's very long so I'll never run out of books in my lifetime.

2. Where do you get ideas for books you want to read?  What kind of books catch your interest?

I get ideas everywhere. When I read blogs or watch vlogs, I keep a note of what people are reading if it sounds of interest to me. I also get ideas from television, social media, library websites, bookstores, people I know and so on. If I've read a book by an author and really loved it, I will start reading other books they've written.

3. What have you read lately?

Currently on my reading list is a Jane Austen book, Mansfield Park which I've read before. I'm also reading The Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly. Prior to that I read Daughters of the Sun and Moon by Lisa See and The Paris Daughter by Kristen Harmel. I've read other Jane Austen books before and enjoy them as well as movies based on her books. I've also read all of Lisa See's book which I love and I'm working my way through the novels written by Kristen Harmel, some of which are better than others.

4. How do you find time to read and where do you make yourself cozy and comfy to read?

I read several days a week unless I'm really sick. When I was struck this year with Shingles, I found I couldn't read anything for several months until I started feeling well again.  I cannot read in bed like many people seem to. Some days I read only for a short time.  Other days I'll read for a few hours. I like to sit in a corner of the sofa under a wall lamp with my tea and snack and read.  My issue isn't finding the time to read.  It's stopping to do other things, including sleep once I'm settled and enjoying a book.

No comments:

The Cozy Pastime of Reading ~ Tuesday 4

The Cozy Pastime of Reading   Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we give you 4 questions to think about each week. People ma...