Monday, February 27, 2023

Tuesday 4 ~ Cowboys

Cowboys

painting by Mark Maggori
 It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  We're talking about cowboys this week.

1.  Do you like western style chuck wagon cooking?  Stews, chilis, beef steaks, BBQ  etc.?

I like these kinds of food in moderation. I especially like stews with cubes of beef.

2.  Do you make a good chili or do you know someone whose chili is the best ever? Beans, meat or both? 

I used to make a great chili but it seems I've lost my touch. The last few times I've made it it wasn't that great. I use beans and meat, usually beef. Sometimes cubes of beef and sometimes ground beef.

3.  Who is your favorite cowboy movie star?

I can't say I really have a favourite cowboy movie star. I liked almost all of them except Clint Eastwood.  For some reason I didn't like him in cowboy movies but I did like him in other later movies. John Wayne was the actor who seemed like he was in almost all the cowboy movies that played on our two television channels growing up. 

4.  Do you have a favorite western TV show or movie

I liked all of them. I'm not sure why because I never was really into rodeos, horse riding or living on a farm. I attended the rodeo every year because virtually everyone in the family and community did.  The Fall Fair happened at the same time and that was more my idea of fun. The one movie that sticks out in my memory is The Big Trail featuring a young John Wayne. It's about hundreds of settlers in covered wagons moving westward from the Mississippi River. You can watch it on You Tube for free. I did also enjoy all the western shows on television like High Chaparral, Big Valley, Cheyenne, Bonanza among others. I also enjoy Kevin Costner in the movie, Dances with Wolves

7 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Great answers. Funny how we change with foods and everything in this life. It was good to stop by. Have agreat week.

Susan said...

Dances with Wolves was a really good music. I enjoyed the soundtrack. I like my chili with ground beef.

Rhodesia said...

Interesting post and I love the painting. Cheers Diane

Visits With Mary said...

I didn't like Clint Eastwood westerns either, he was always sweaty and dirty looking. I like a clean cowboy! lol I enjoyed reading your anwers, hope you are enjoying a good day.

Cathy said...

Oh I forgot about High Chaparral and I really liked that one.

annie said...

I liked Dances with Wolves but they made Mary McDonald's hair look like a rat nest all the time as if she never washed or combed it. Its funny how little things like that can annoy you so much LOL. I need to lighten up I think. LOL.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like that painting.

Beef casseroles are a lovely warming winter dish.

All the best Jan

The Last Weekend

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all doing well.   We've had a few beautiful days of sunshine. Now we are in the very l...