Friday, May 24, 2024

Skywatch Friday - May 24, 2024

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope you are well today,

I went to lunch with a friend.

So when we chatted to make the plan, I heard her say "Seasons in the Park", a beautiful restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park. So that is where I arrived on Wednesday last, just before noon. I waited but no one came and there was no reservation under her name.

I decided to sit in the lounge area and keep an eye out for her. I also called her at her home and cell phone numbers but there was no answer. After about 10 -15 minutes no one had arrived but I received a phone call. It was her! I was at the wrong place.  I hurriedly got the new instructions, reactivated my Uber account and went off to meet her. 

In the meantime, I took these photos of the entrance to Seasons in the Park. If you look in the first photo beyond the windows, that is where one would get a fantastic view of the city. I had no time to capture the views of the park which is so beautiful at this time of year.



These chairs are near a fireplace where I waited.

So the next venue is a place called Shaughnessy Restaurant and it's located in another park called Van Dusen Gardens. Van Dusen Gardens has a magnificent light show at Christmas each year which I attended in 2022 and 2023 and posted about.

My friend and I were so excitable and chattering away that I completely forgot to get proper photos of the restaurant and the park itself.  These photos are from the entry to the restaurant.





The outdoor seating area







The restaurant was bustling, the wait staff was super and the food excellent.  Best of all was reconnecting with my dear friend.  She is the one who took me for birthday lunch. We've been friends for 38 years and met almost from the beginning of my move to Vancouver.



I'm linking up with Skywatch Friday. Thanks for stopping by! 


4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Looks enjoyable. So nice to meet up with a friend.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

It's wonderful to still see friends you've known for many years!

Jim said...

Good post.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Old friends are the best friends.
Great lunch spots, both the original and the one you ended up at.

New Faucet Installation ~ Part 2

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I've been wanting to change the faucet in the master bedroom for quite some time.  I finally took the...