Thursday, May 23, 2024

Keeping Distracted & Focussed

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

When life gets hectic sometimes I just slow everything down with reading, cooking, cleaning or making something.

This week my mind is occupied with the patio renovations and now having to deal with the recent water leakage and damage into my living quarters.  I kept busy with a lot of decluttering and a bit of knitting.

Story of my life, lol


A few decluttered items



Making these simple dishcloths keeps my mind focussed on the repetitive tasks required in working the yarn.  While I'm doing that I can't really dwell on any negative thoughts.  



I also did a bit of cooking.  Once we move out, we'll be gone for awhile.  Food will potentially be spoiling in the refrigerator so I'm trying to use up what we have and buy food very sparingly.

I made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce for some quick meals this week.   I also thawed out some beef rice soup I made a just over a month ago and stored in the freezer.


I'd be interested in knowing whether you ever had to move out of your home due to damage of some kind?  Where did you move to and what was the best and worst part of the experience?

If you're here for Skywatch, my post will be up in several hours. Have an awesome day/night and thank you for your visit.


6 comments:

Sandi said...

Thankfully, no. I think your idea of using up the food is good one!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I don't like to waste fod so I like your idea of using everything up or storing what you can in the freezer. Best of luck on all these projects. Thanks and I know all about decluttering. Oh woe is me!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh sad to hear you have to move out of your home due to water damage ~ not fun ~ wishing you best and that you will be back home quickly ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sorry to hear about the water damage. We've been fortunate not having to move out for damage. We did need to be out for a couple nights last time we tented the house for termites. I like the way you use knitting as therapy!

Red said...

Wow! Enough leakage for you to be moved. That's a mess. I hope you're back soon.

Jeanie said...

So sorry to hear you have water issues. Sometimes I think there is nothing worse!

A Trip to the Garden

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I finally made it to the community garden plot the other day. It was over due for some weeding. It was al...