Monday, May 27, 2024

Library Tour

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,

The weather was inclement but I decided to go for a walk to the library.  Before I did that I met up with a friend for coffee.  She's going in soon for knee surgery and I'm not sure if she'll be up to visitors or going out for awhile after that. I was planning on visiting her at the hospital but that depends on whether she is up to a visitor during her expected short hospital stay.

After we had a coffee visit, I made a trip to the bank, met up with my nephew for a few minutes and then took a walk to the local library. It was raining and cold but my jacket has a hood so I was fine and it wasn't raining heavily. 


I thought it would be nice to share some photos of the library's interior.  I visit the library often but I've never showed the inside.  It's a small branch but much larger than the one it replaced.  There are lots of nooks and crannies to read or work on a computer and a good selection of books and movies to borrow.

Interior entrance

Reception area


Featured books and fast read books

Non-fiction holdings

Newspaper and reading area.  There is a fireplace in the corner which is turned on during winter months. 

Movie collection

Magazine collection

Fictional collection, youth and children's books beyond

Fiction holdings

This area is reserved for teens and children

Another shot of the teen/children area

The sign says teens but everyone sits at the tables

I hope you enjoyed the tour of our little library. It's usually quite busy there but on Friday night it wasn't quite so busy. I noticed that the patrons that evening were all men. I think there was only one woman besides myself and no children. I was only there to return a book and pick up another.

The below photo shows the book I picked up. It's written by a doctor who wrote about many patients of his who over the years, told him of their near death experiences (NDEs).



No comments:

New Faucet Installation ~ Part 2

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, I've been wanting to change the faucet in the master bedroom for quite some time.  I finally took the...