The project encompasses 6 underground stations. The photos below show the current state of construction at the intersection of Broadway and Main Street and what the area looks like in general. Much of the city is a construction zone these days and likely will get worse over time as I've read that we're slated for a significant increase in hotels. Our city is lacking hotels and lodgings for the many visitors we get. I honestly don't know where tourists stay when they come to town given the dearth of accommodations. Hopefully this will be corrected in the not too distant future.
Thursday, July 2, 2026
First Friday Post in July ~ Skywatch Friday
The Broadway Subway project is a 5.7 km stretch of subway line being laid along Broadway Street in Vancouver and stretches from Arbutus Street in the west to Main Street in the east. The project has been going on for years already and is finally set to be finished and open to the ridership in 2027.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Beautiful Autumn Day ~ Skywatch Friday October 9, 2026
Hello friends and fellow bloggers, Welcome to another Friday and start to the weekend and sharing beautiful skies on Skywatch Friday . We...
-
Friday skies Saturday skies I spent both evenings running errands and tiring myself out. I spent Sunday resting but also managed to dust my...
-
An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader conc...
-
I thought this was an interesting submission for Skywatch because of the interesting cloud "circle" on the right of the photo (j...






8 comments:
Interesting skies.
I like the construction site sky photos. The sun is nice too.
Such a lot of construction, but are definitely needed! Those beautiful skies make it all a bit easier to handle.
Great light.
Pretty skies. It will be nice when the project is finally completed!
Interesting shots.
Beautiful skies. Imagine what it must have been like before it was all built up.
Lots of construction going on and beautiful skies, great set of photos. Keep cool, Diane
Post a Comment