Monday, May 14, 2012

Little Chickadee


I am away for awhile visiting elderly relatives. I don't have many posts scheduled during my trip so I would recommend having a look back at some of my posts in 2012. You can simply click the "Older Posts" button below this post or check the side bar on the right and investigate the archives. I will catch up with your blogs soon.
 ~~~~~~

I spotted a little chickadee eating in the garden below the tree branches. I managed to snap a photo or two before it flew away. It is difficult to spot but you can see it's white marks on the side of it's head.

This chickadee looks like it's been eating well.

I was preparing to take my 3rd and likely best shot of the bird when it suddenly flew off!  Oh well, I will catch it another day, lol.

Here is what it looks like up close. This photo is taken by Kevin Bolton and is located at the All About Birds website.

The chickadee makes a lovely sound when it sings. Here is a short video so you can hear it.



If I get a change later I will add this submission to Camera Critters. Please go there by clicking this link and you will see more cute critters.

6 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful time away!

Fred Alton said...

Nice clear picture of the Chickadee. We have them in abundance here in the spring and summer. Hope you're having a good time visiting the relatives.

Bossy Betty said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip. This little bird is wonderful!

Denise said...

Praying that you are enjoying your visit with your family.

Pat said...

Chickadees are such cute little birds. This one does look well-fed! Have a really nice visit with your elderly relatives!

Jessica said...

what a beautiful chikadee :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters

http://www.kidsnpet.com/2012/05/barney-our-black-cat/

It Was a Spectacular Day! ~ Skywatch

Hello friends and fellow bloggers, It was a spectacular, sunny day where I live. It's still rather chilly from my point of view but the ...